Raiders set to cut down Red Oak

The Raiders are kicking off the season at home against new rival Red Oak

Raider Nation was put on the map last season by posting the third best record in district with nine wins and three losses and making the State Playoffs. The Raiders have high expectations for the upcoming season with a state rank of 64 against Red Oak who is a distant 178 in the state. The Raiders look to continue their offensive success led by senior Wide Receiver Marcell Ateman who is ranked 15th in the nation and hopes to repeat his 1,000 yard season.

The Raiders lost many key offensive linemen, Anthony LeNoir, Cameron Pittman and Dominick Stives.

“Besides our seniors leaving, not a lot has changed. With hard work, our offensive line will be the same and hopefully even better,” senior Cornerback Todd Richards said.

Red Oak hopes to rebound from just a year ago after posting a 4-6 record. According to Maxpreps.com, the Hawks look to improve on defense after giving up over 330 points in just 10 games after allowing just 200 and posting a 6-4 record the previous season. The Hawks offense is led by senior Tight End Jeremiah Gaines who is currently ranked 20th in the nation.

“Expectations for this upcoming season are high,” senior Linebacker Chase Eckles said. “We have playoff experience; we know what it takes.”