The mission of the Wylie East High School news site is to inform, educate and entertain readers. Established Jan. 13, 2011. Principal: Mrs. Tiffany Doolan; Adviser: Ms. Kimberly Creel

Breaking News

The Cave

Student led youth group unites to praise, worship every Tuesday

The Cave is a student youth group led by seniors, Jacob Garcia, JJ Rosales and Josh Prince.

The Bible study is held every Tuesday at JJ Rosales house and features activities allowing students to become closer to each other and their religion. The cave is a volunteer youth organization trying to help students of any age come closer to god.

“We wanted to carry on the tradition that some of the seniors started last year that no longer have time to lead Bible study because of college and work,”  senior Jacob Garcia said.

The movement filled the house with an estimated 25-30 people, ranging anywhere from 14  to 18.

“Our goal is just to help individuals reconnect with God and deal with the distractions and the temptations of everyday life,” Garcia said.

The Cave creates an activity every Tuesday to help people connect to each other and come closer to God and their peers. This Tuesday the Cave blew up balloons. Members wrote what was keeping them from getting closer to God. The group then shared their individual stories and afterwards let the balloons go into the air to symbolize letting go of the stress and sin and having a fresh start.

“I felt a chill watching the balloons fly off into the night,” senior Kelsey Nallie said.

The night was full of inspirational stories, bible scriptures and worship. The cave is open to any student in need and has already shown growth in the first two weeks.

“Anyone with any problem no matter how big or small is welcome to come,” Garcia said.