The mission of the Wylie East High School news site is to inform, educate and entertain readers. Established Jan. 13, 2011. Principal: Mrs. Tiffany Doolan; Adviser: Ms. Kimberly Creel

Breaking News

Varsity girls soccer 3-0 in district

Varsity girls soccer 3-0 in district

The season started out looking tough for Girls Varsity soccer. However after many games they have improved to 3-0 in district. Their most recent win was Feb. 26, with a 10-0 win over Quinlan High School Panthers.

“We are doing great and I’m excited for what’s to come ahead,” center defender Marissa Edenstrom said.

One of the teams the Lady Raiders have faced is cross-town rival, the Wylie High School Pirates.

“Wylie was the most challenging but we still won,” said Leslie Snider, center attacking mid fielder. “They had somewhat equal talent and the fact that they are cross-town rivals evokes higher competition.”

Compared to other seasons, The Lady Raiders have blown their records out of the water, leading them to victory.

“The pre-season was harder this year, but district is easier because Rockwall and Rockwall Heath went to 5A district,” Snider said.

The Raiders will play March 1, against Lovejoy for a district game at the Wylie East home field at 7:15 p.m.