The mission of the Wylie East High School news site is to inform, educate and entertain readers. Established Jan. 13, 2011. Principal: Mrs. Tiffany Doolan; Adviser: Ms. Kimberly Creel

Breaking News

Recipe Book of creepy pranks

Trick or treat,

Smell my feet,

Give me something good to eat!

I choose trick instead of treat! “Halloween.” The word invokes thoughts of trick or treating, getting load upon load of candy, or going to a haunted house and getting so scared you have an “accident.” Well, what about the trick part, and all the scary Halloween pranks that are pulled on friends, family, that special person (bf/gf) and even strangers alike? Here are some cool pranks that I’ve heard about and even tested this year.

A prank I found very funny due to the confusion it causes:

The Jack-o-lantern-go-round

Materials:

• A street with a lot of carved pumpkins

Smashing up everyone’s pumpkins is a classic, but it just leaves a mess and makes for unhappy neighbors. An alternative is to rearrange neighbors’ pumpkins in their front yards. Secretly moving pumpkins all onto one neighbor’s font yard is another variation of Jack-o-lantern-go-round. Everyone will be left confused and wonder if something spooky is going on!

Here’s one great for Halloween parties:

The Cultist Crash

Materials:

• Access to the master switch for power at your location of the party, a few other pranksters, someone planted upstairs, black clothes or robes just to hide your face/body.

Have a Halloween party and then half way through, switch the power off to your house. Then, when all the guests are standing in pitch black, you and maybe a couple of other pranksters should be dressed in black, scraping at the windows and making weird noises. Also, have someone inside the house scaring people in the darkness and someone screaming upstairs etc.

Some popular pranks and scares that are very simple and have been around for a very long time:

Poo-poo shoe

Materials:

• A shoe with an arch in the bottom (best if part of the arch doesn’t touch the ground), peanut butter or nutella or even both mixed.

This good one I’ve heard about is also very clever. Put the peanut butter on the bottom of the boot, in the crack of the heel. Walk up and sit down by a random person, making sure to prop your leg up so the peanut butter is visible. Once you sit next to your victim, make sure you point out the poo looking goo, swipe it with your finger, make a snide comment about what you think it is, then taste it!

Here are a couple good pranks to pull on trick-or-treaters:

Eggs in my basket/Caramel onion

Materials:

• Caramel apple dip, eggs, frying pan and a spatula

Wrap an apple-shaped onion in a caramel-apple wrap (available in grocery stores this time of year). Add a Popsicle stick, melt the caramel slightly in the microwave for an authentic look, and let it cool. Serve to the sucker of your choice.

Answer the door holding a spatula and a frying pan full of fried eggs, ready to drop one in the nearest treat bag.

And here’s one more for Halloween evening and one I’ve had success with time after time:

The scarecrow

Materials:

• A costume that conceals your body well enough to look like a scarecrow (optional: wood nailed together to make a wooden cross post.)

Dress up so that your body and face are completely concealed. Slump down onto a hay bale next to your front door, as though you’re a dummy. When visitors ring the bell and await the door opening, you come to life in any variety of ways: jump up and scream hideously, slump over and moan, say “hello” as though you’ve been waiting for them to arrive…anything will get a good reaction. A method that has worked for me is to build a cheap wooden cross and have yourself on it like you’re a scarecrow on a post.

Here are some websites that have even more fun and easy Halloween pranks:  http://lolpranks.com/category/halloween-pranks/

http://www.networx.com/article/10-halloween-pranks-that-dont-damage-pr

Be sure to scare as many as possible this Halloween! Happy haunting!!