Card drive

Card drive

School seeking gift cards to aid Moore, Okla

Devastation struck Moore, Oklahoma, Monday, May 20, when a massive, howling tornado pulverized a vast swath of the Oklahoma City suburbs, chewing up homes and businesses and severely damaging a hospital and two elementary schools. This storm was rated an EF5 on the Enhanced Fujita scale and carved a trail as much as 1.3 miles wide and 17 miles long.

These families lost everything and could use a little support to get back on their feet. In support of two families, a heroic teacher and a second grade student, affected by this deathly tornado the school is hosting a gift card drive.

A competition between grade levels will take place. Freshmen versus sophomores versus juniors versus seniors. The class with the most combined value of gift cards per person from these places will receive a sweats day Thursday, June 6. This is a community wide effort to collect gift cards from Target, Home Depot, Wal-Mart and Khol’s.

Please bring gift cards to room 154, the front office, or the ROTC room, Monday,  Tuesday and Wednesday