What CTE Class Should You Choose?

Mannequin+message+%5C%5C+Navigating+through+the+animation+software%2C+junior+Logan+Swick+makes+a+poster+for+his+project+in+animation+class.+I+like+communicating+with+people+through+animation%2C+Stick+said.+
photo credit: Sabrina Bahrun
Mannequin message \\ Navigating through the animation software, junior Logan Swick makes a poster for his project in animation class. “I like communicating with people through animation,” Stick said.

There are more than 100 different Career and Technical Education (CTE) classes offered; however, this list was curated on the more popular or fan-favorite classes. Some of the courses listed below do have a prerequisite that may prevent one from taking the class until the other requirement is met.

Animation

Animation is one of the CTE classes offered which allows students to express their artistic abilities, creativity and imagination while simultaneously teaching them technical skills such as using character design, motion graphics and 3D modeling. “I believe that animation is interesting, and the class itself allows you to pursue whatever projects you want to,” senior Daniel Ast said. “I would recommend the class for whoever enjoys art but digitally.”

Practicum in Culinary Arts

Enrolling in the CTE class Practicum in Culinary Arts will provide students with hands-on experience in the kitchen and help develop fundamental cooking skills. In addition, it teaches students about the nutritional value and cultural aspects of foods. This class is recommended to those who want to pursue a career as a chef or for those who want more knowledge about cooking. “Culinary is a fun class and an essential skill to have,” junior Micheal Clark said.

Forensic science

Forensic science combines principles from various disciplines such as biology, chemistry, physics and psychology. Students in forensic classes have the opportunity to integrate knowledge from different fields, fostering a holistic and interdisciplinary approach to problem-solving. “I recommend forensics to people who enjoy science and maybe want to be in the police department because you get the opportunity to see bodies and autopsies,” senior Elijah Alexander said.

Floral design

Floral design class offers students a unique blend of artistic expression, practical skills and personal fulfillment. Whether pursuing a career in floristry or simply seeking a creative outlet, this class provides a valuable and enjoyable learning experience. “With floral design, you get to learn about different flowers and make them for your loved ones which is fun,” sophomore Haylee Arrambide said.

Robotics

Robotics provides a dynamic and comprehensive educational experience that goes beyond traditional classroom learning. It equips students with valuable skills, prepares them for the future and instills a passion for innovation and problem-solving. “From robotics you can gain a lot of knowledge and can talk to the peers around you,” sophomore Ezekiel Alexander said. “I would recommend this class to those who want to pursue engineering.”

Money matters

Money matters class is an investment in a student’s future well-being, providing them with the tools and knowledge necessary to navigate the complex world of personal finance with confidence and competence. “This is a crucial class that teaches how money works and how to manage it,” senior Issac Ayala said. “I would recommend this class to everyone because everyone should know how to use money, especially in college.”

View Comments (1)