The mission of the Wylie East High School news site is to inform, educate and entertain readers. Established Jan. 13, 2011. Principal: Mrs. Tiffany Doolan; Adviser: Ms. Kimberly Creel

Breaking News

Lights on!

Physics classes got hands on experience with building a house with working lights and doorbells.

Students were put into groups and were required to build a two-story house with working lights in all rooms. There must be a parallel and a series circuit in each house. The houses could be made out of anything from cardboard boxes to wood. Students only had one week to complete the project. 

“It was cool to actually build a house and get to see it light up,” junior Hunter Burns said.

Students were graded on each light bulb that worked when the switch was flipped.

“It’s an opportunity to make what we’re learning about real,” physics teacher Mr. Pruit said.

Houses could be made out of anything from wood to poster board.

“Our house was made out of wood and we just got some old Christmas lights for our bulbs. “Junior Brandi Koch said. “It took us about three days to complete the whole house. It took us a week to plan it out though,”