Maria Restrepo

Maria Restrepo, Staff Reporter

Books, sports, photography, graphic design, writing, writing, and some more writing. That basically sums up what is Maria Restrepo.  A book worm. A huge European soccer fan who also follows international teams (Real Madrid and Colombia all the way!), and a tennis player with another five sports in her past. I can capture the essence of a moment in different perspectives as best as I can. And I’m someone who enjoys writing almost as much as life itself. And then comes the future. What hobby could possibly be my passion? Journalism 100 percent. Whatever position it may be; Photographer, Graphic Design, Reporting, Copy editing, Fact checking, anything. As long as it is a job within a publication that reaches millions of eyes, it will suffice.  All my dreams and hobbies meshed into one small paragraph, Maria Paula Restrepo Giraldo.

All content by Maria Restrepo
Cupcake royalty \\ Fourth periods lifetime wellness and nutrition class who elected the Smores flavor, won the Cupcake Wars competition among Chef Toni Sloanes classes. Pictured are freshman Brandon Carroll and senior Isabella Maisch.

S’more icing on the cake

writer: Maria Restrepo, Staff Reporter
June 2, 2016
High five \\ The University of Iowa promises to allow junior Eno Benjamin to keep his number five jersey.

[Photo] Number 5 at Iowa

writer: Nick Schiegg, Staff Writer
May 31, 2016

[Video] Hollywood nights at the ranch

writer: Kristin Gooch, Video Editor
May 11, 2016
Prom tickets on sale now \\ Tickets are sold during lunches only, for $60 each, no tickets will be sold at the door. Prom is “Hollywood Nights” themed and takes place at Southfork Ranch May 7 from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. To enter, participants must show photo identification and may be subjected to a breathalyzer test during the event.

What to expect when expecting prom

writer: Maria Restrepo, Staff Reporter
May 5, 2016
For the win \\ Yearbook and newspaper staffs awarded multiple Individual Achievement Awards from the Interscholastic League Press Conference.

Journalism department cashes in wins

writer: Maria Restrepo, Staff Reporter
April 22, 2016

Back to the future

writer: Maria Restrepo, Staff Reporter
February 17, 2016
Teacher feature // Enjoying his surprise visit from Superintendant Dr. David Vinson and Principal Mike Willimas, chemistry teacher Vito Peri is named Teacher of the Year for this campus. After a vote among his fellow educators, Peri won and will compete against other awarded teachers at the secondary school level.

Chemistry was the key

writer: Maria Restrepo, Staff Reporter
January 7, 2016
A chosen one // Writing down the name of one of her classmates, sophomore Bianka Rodriguez paid close attention to detail. She was one of the eight students chosen to read their speeches aloud to the class, but when the time came to vote, did not vote for herself, but for her deserving peer.

Priceless speech

writer: Maria Restrepo, Staff Reporter
October 30, 2015
Chatting away // Freshman Brandi Logan asked freshman Sydney Head to homecoming on twin day.

[Photo] Take your twin to hoco

writer: Allie Dorsey, Staff Reporter
October 19, 2015
Students go all out for spirit themed days

writer: Maria Restrepo, Staff Reporter
October 23, 2015
Rambo rumble \\ Jamming to the hit song “Watch Me” Rambo leads the cheerleaders, Sapphires and football team in executing the song’s dance. Not only did Rambo help lead the football players in the dance, but also to victory against Red Oak 49-7 Aug. 28.

Pep pays off

writer: Maria Restrepo, Staff Reporter
September 4, 2015

High school hallways are fast lanes

writer: Maria Restrepo, Staff Reporter
November 18, 2014
Hail Haylee \ Players get pumped when fans in the stands are active.

Keep it wild

writer: Maria Restrepo, Staff Reporter
October 1, 2014
Load More Stories