Don’t Hate

Dont Hate

Taboo, weird, unholy, just a phase, outsiders, rebels. All of these words have been used to describe homosexual relationships. There is a lot of debate today as to whether or not it is socially acceptable for the same sex to be in romantic relationships with each other. Should they be allowed to marry? To even be together?

People are people and everyone likes something different. Homosexuals should not be discriminated against because they like someone of the same sex. It’s ridiculous.

Homosexual or heterosexual—it doesn’t change the emotional feelings the couple has for each other. Same sex relationships are a part of today’s society. Get over it. Just because people are more open about their feelings for each other doesn’t mean they can be openly ridiculed for it. Think about it, homosexuals are people and they are just trying to live their life happily just like any other person on the street.

With that said, as with girl-guy relationships there are courtesy rules. Public displays of affection are gross no matter what two people are together. There are people who say that homosexuals should not be allowed to be married because the traditional vows are between a man and a woman. But the vows can be rewritten to fit the couple’s needs.  It is just plain wrong to discriminate against people because they believe in something different from what is “normal”.

The solution to this highly debated problem is simple: Don’t discriminate against anyone. It’s ridiculous and unnecessary. Take people for who they are and if that’s not possible, avoid them. Don’t say hateful things because of different beliefs and likes.

Homosexual relationships have become part of today’s society. Deal with it. Girl-girl, guy-guy relationships should not be discriminated because of their sexual orientation. End of story. See you on the other side.