A glance behind the scenes as a Thespian

Theatre takes dedication, time; hard work  

A Thespian is the name for an actor or actress who participates in the school theatre organization.

Senior Skylar Duvall has been in theatre for six years.

“A Thespian is an actor and being one requires constant work and reading scripts,” senior Skylar Duvall said.

To become a Thespian, it is required to audition for each play individually before making it.

“You have to try out for almost every program, then once you’re in the group, you audition for specific parts,” Duvall said.

The Thespian society is an honors program for the theatre organization.

“The Thespian society is basically NHS (National Honor Society) for actors, and we can get scholarships, go to acting workshops, and be recognized as a committed actor,” senior Morgan Howard said.

Thespians earn points for participating in various theatre productions. Being a committed actor, and gaining a specific amount of points is required to be a part of this society.

“You have to have a certain amount of points to get in. You get them for every rehearsal and show you go to. My favorite part of being in the Thespian society is that we get rewarded for all our work and our names go with famous actors who were previously in it,” Howard said.