The mission of the Wylie East High School news site is to inform, educate and entertain readers. Established Jan. 13, 2011. Principal: Mrs. Tiffany Doolan; Adviser: Ms. Kimberly Creel

Breaking News

Driving, responsibility or privilege

Views on driving are very disputed among the populous. Some say that driving is a privilege and others say it’s a responsibility. It is really disputed between adults and generation X.

Adults say that driving is a privilege when it is actually a responsibility. While I drive I know it is my responsibility to make good decisions. Parents don’t have to lecture their children threatening to take their car away when we know that we have to be responsible.

If I worked hard in driving school and got my license, then driving should not be a privilege. It’s my right.

On the other hand, I do understand that adults are trying to keep us safe, but they have to know that I am being responsible and have trust in me.

Parents need to stop threatening to take away my “driving privilege” and just trust that I will be responsible while I’m behind the wheel. If parents do that, then I think that kids will stop being irresponsible.