Coming home

2K17 Homecoming games commence

Valerie Msafiri

Floating by // Senior hoco nominees Madison Dorethy and Alex Fowler represent the senior class in the annual homecoming parade.

photo credit: Harper Taylor

photo credit: Harper Taylor

Valerie Msafiri, Editor in Chief

Homecoming 2017 began Monday, Oct. 16 with twin day. Students had the chance to pair up with their friends and twin for the day. Later on that evening, was the Homecoming parade with FFA winning first place for their float. Next was Tuesday’s Character day. Students dressed as their favorite book or movie character. Wednesday was unity day and capitol day, so students could wear orange or go along with the Hunger Games theme. Then it was Tick Tock Thursday. Students took a trip to the past by dressing as a different decade. Then it was Friday, and students went all out with spirit day. That night was also the Homecoming game as the football team took on the Lovejoy Leopards losing by 7 points. During halftime the homecoming royalty was announced; the winners were chosen by grade level with an online vote. The following Saturday was the homecoming dance starting at 7 p.m. and ending at 10 p.m., concluding 2017’s homecoming.

Valerie Msafiri, Editor in Chief

Since my last name is apparently hard to pronounce, you don’t have to read it in your head when you read this beautifully constructed bio. HI 🙂 I’m Valerie Msafiri (mm- sA- fi-ri) or Msafari or Msafire.. you get the idea. That’s probably the most interesting thing about me, but, I bet I can make you laugh at least once in a conversation. No, seriously, DM me on Twitter (@kingg.val).

So according to my mom, “school is my life,” but, while I’m not being a junior at Wylie East High School doing school stuff, like, reading, writing, or studying, you can find me at home…reading, writing, or studying. I’m also a devout music connoisseur, and, any chance I get, I will have headphones in. Besides being Editor in Chief of the newspaper, I’m involved in so many other clubs on campus, but none of them hold true to my heart as this one. Enjoy 🙂