The mission of the Wylie East High School news site is to inform, educate and entertain readers. Established Jan. 13, 2011. Principal: Mrs. Tiffany Doolan; Adviser: Ms. Kimberly Creel

Breaking News

Freshman Bradshaw on Varsity

Freshman Bradshaw on Varsity

Varsity in high school is a big deal. Being a freshman on varsity is an even bigger deal. Hannah Bradshaw is one of three freshmen on varsity volleyball.

“I love being on varsity as a freshman because I love hanging out with the volleyball team and I love the competitiveness of the varsity level,” Bradshaw said.

Kelly Lyons has coached Raider volleyball for the past three years.

“Hannah has been a great addition to our team and proved she was ready for varsity play during tryouts in August,” Lyons said.

Bradshaw has played volleyball since middle school. She feels that the major things that helped her make varsity this year was her amazing club volleyball coach and always being around the school doing everything she could that relates to volleyball.

“I made myself want to play volleyball because my sister had always played basketball and I wanted to try something different,” Bradshaw said. “My coaches and family have always pushed me to want to be the best and I know the only way that I can do that is to work hard.”

Lyons thinks Bradshaw is a wonderful person who has great potential to grow as a player.

“She worked hard and had a good understanding of the game,” Lyons said “She was able to play the position we needed her for.”

Playing on varsity takes a lot of mental and physical abilities. Varsity has to run cross country. They have games twice a week and have played in several tournaments.

“The hardest thing about being a freshman on varsity, for me is definitely trying to keep up with all of the other girls physically and mentally,” Bradshaw said.

Bradshaw has many inspirations and is passionate about the sport of volleyball.

“My drive to succeed comes from my amazing coaches, family, team and myself wanting to succeed. I play volleyball because I love the sport and being on a team,” Bradshaw said.