The mission of the Wylie East High School news site is to inform, educate and entertain readers. Established Jan. 13, 2011. Principal: Mrs. Tiffany Doolan; Adviser: Ms. Kimberly Creel

Breaking News

Cross country runners are improving

Cross country runners are improving

The cross country team competed last weekend. For the JV Lady Raiders, Sarah Simmons led the team with a 13:40 finish. “Kalynn Blassingame also finished very strong,” said Coach Jason Olford.

For Varsity track, sophomore Sara Scott placed fifth overall in the Elite Division with a time of 11:56. Freshman Edwin Walker led the JV Raiders with an 18:31 finish. Junior Hunter Black, senior Tyler Brandon and freshman Taylor Mauldin also had a strong finish.

Freshman Grant Buley continued to lead the Raiders, finishing nineth overall. Senior Mark Pollard and senior Chance Grantham finished strong and dropped their times as well. Mark Pollard dropped his time 10 seconds from the first meet to the second meet and then an additional 18 seconds at the third meet.

“I’m very excited to drop to 18 minutes which is my goal,” Pollard said.

The Raider’s next meet is Sept. 24 at Wylie High School.