photo credit: Heath Hadley
Gift ideas for your significant other this Valentine's day
January 28, 2022
As February and Valentine’s day approaches, the scramble to figure out that perfect gift begins. So, coming from two high school students here is some advice on what to get your significant guy or gal.
When it comes to Valentine’s day, finding the perfect gift can take up chunks of time, especially for that special guy in your life. There are a bunch of gift ideas out there for girls, but not many guys really want a bunch of flowers or a teddy bear. Unless it is giant, then we would want it. We aren’t savages. Here are a few ideas to help you save some valen-time.
- Love Language: First of all, a compliment or affirmation can go a long way. Anyone can use a little to boost their self-esteem, and just letting a guy know what good traits or actions you see in them will make their Valentine’s day. Send a nice text or email, and let them know you care. There are several love languages. If you want to make your loved one´s day even more special have them take a test to figure it how and base the day around that.
- Romantic Dinners: You may have heard that the best way to a man’s heart is food. Well, it’s true. Hamburgers or chicken, homemade or fast food; if you know what he likes, get him some. Maybe buy him dinner or a gift card ‒ you could even send him surprise food using UberEats. Pair the food with some candles, and you have a candlelit, romantic dinner.
- Sweet Tooth: You can also never go wrong with some sweets. A box of chocolates, cookies, candies; literally buy a pack of cookies from Walmart and he’ll be in heaven.
The gift doesn’t have to last to be special; that goes for both guys and girls. Don’t overcomplicate your gift or your relationship. Simple is sweet.
Hello! I am Heath Hadley, the Editor in Chief for Blue Print for the second time this year. I am a senior (cries) and I want to be an astrophysicist. Outside...
Guys aren’t the easiest to get gifts for, but girls have many more ideas. Valentine’s Day is the perfect holiday for spoiling your girlfriend.
- Flowers – You can never go wrong with a small or large bouquet of her favorite flowers. Even if you don’t know her favorites, she will still love them and cherish them for as long as they live. This can also be a good gift all year round.
- CHOCOLATE! – Even though not all girls love chocolate, it is a necessity for a Valentine’s Day gift. Don’t be surprised if your girl is disappointed if she doesn’t get any lovely chocolates from you on VDay.
- Stuffed Animals – Now, these can be any animal. The typical VDay stuffed animal is usually a teddy bear, but depending on your girl’s favorite animal, make sure you choose wisely. Bonus points if the stuffed animal has candy or chocolate attached to it!
- Anything sentimental that belongs to you – Some examples could simply be one of your hoodies (girls love those). You could also throw in some of her favorite cologne and other clothes or something like a blanket or jewelry.
- Love Letter – This is a must! She needs to know how much you really love her, and this will be a perfect way to wrap up the gift. (Not literally, though).
But don’t forget to ask her to be your Valentine before the big day!
Hi, I’m Morgan! I’m a junior this year and this is my first year on the newspaper staff. I’m involved in band and I’ve been playing the French...