Six weeks mayhem

The reality of the six weeks eligibility

What does this mean? \\ Asking questions, students get the help they need from Mrs. Whisnant during Power Hour Sept. 30.

photo credit: Angel Martinez

photo credit: Angel Martinez

Angel Martinez, Staff Reporter

As the end of the six weeks fast approaches, students are scrambling to get their grades up.

With students’ eligibility for all extracurricular activities on the line, they work on turning in late homework, doing extra credit or just hoping that their latest assignment is enough to bring them up to a 70 percent or above.

Principal Mike Williams, over the course of two weeks, has announced the deadline of the six weeks and what it would mean if a student wasn’t passing a class. Yet students still procrastinate waiting until the last minute to worry about their grades. I’m no exception and even I am scrambling to secure my grades.

The deadline for this mad dash is Sept. 30 with the clock ticking down. Some don’t have to worry about grades, others just barely make passing and others are less fortunate and lose their eligibility. However, students are able to regain their eligibility at the end of the nine weeks, three weeks time from now.

But the reverse is also true, students can lose eligibility at the end of the nine weeks even if they passed the six weeks.

I think this is a great system to make sure students actually do their work and care for their grades even if it does also cause me some headaches. With a system like this in place, students involved in extracurricular activities would have to keep passing grades to be eligible to participate in their club activities or games.

To all those struggling to pass these six weeks I wish you luck. Now I must go finish editing that my video assignment in newspaper before the end of class.

Angel Martinez, Staff Reporter

Hi, I’m Peter Parker and I work for the Daily Bugle. Yeah right. My real name is Angel and I don’t work for the Bugle. Artist at heart, writer by trade. I joined newspaper as a cartoonist and will be making all the great jokes within the newspaper, so look out. Music and art are my passions and are what I’m great at. If I was to be stranded with only one item I would bring my guitar to play the sweet melody of my downfall into starvation. Newspaper and yearbook make a full plate as it is but just to add more I’m also currently working on my own graphic novel. Well that’s my bio now go check out the latest news!