SHS adds to the Society

Eden Stegall

More stories from Eden Stegall

Lighting the way \\ Wylie East High School sophomore Brenna Reyes becomes a Spanish Honors Society member with this ritual April 12. La Sociedad Hispania inducted 32 members into the honor society. The prestigious organization is under the direction of Ms. Katharine Isbell and Ms. Jame Farrar.

photo credit: Cason Jackson

photo credit: Cason Jackson

The Spanish Honor Society Induction was April 12 in the Auditorium. Thirty-two new members were added. A reception in the Media Center directly followed the induction ceremony.

Marison Clayton, an East graduate, was the invited guest speaker. She spoke on her experiences of learning Spanish and the importance of traveling. She also encouraged students to continue their language studies.

“She was very motivational, and I hope that one day I can be like her,” sophomore Montserrat Gonzalez said.

The purpose of the society is to recognize high student achievement in Spanish. These students have all maintained an honor average in their Spanish studies as well as a high overall GPA.

“Congratulations to all the newly inducted members of the Wylie East High School Eastern Point Chapter of the Spanish Honor Society,” said Spanish teacher Ms. Katharine Isbell

The Spanish Honor Society is sponsored by Spanish teachers Ms. Katharine Isbell and Mrs. Jame Farrar.

“Congratulations as well to the 2018 graduating seniors of the Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica. They were presented with graduation cords representing their exceptional achievements in Spanish,“ Mrs. Isbell said.

About the Writer
Eden Stegall, Staff Reporter

Well, as it says above, my name is Eden.  I am a fairly large introvert, who is more weird but not completely insane when I’m with my friends. I...