Food truck fridays

Jamie Tourtillott

More stories from Jamie Tourtillott

Sunlight to success
April 30, 2018

Students now have third lunch option

Lining up // Starting Oct. 20 students will now be able to buy lunch from local food trucks that will be coming to school every third Friday of each month.

Besides having school lunches or going off campus, students will now be able to buy lunch from a food truck. Food Truck Fridays will take place every third Friday of the month starting Oct. 20.

We have been given the go ahead from the ESC to have food trucks come on campus during lunch once each month,” Principal Mike Williams said.

The purpose for adding to the Friday football fun is to use the food trucks as a way to fundraise for three of the clubs starting with the Sapphires. The trucks will give 10-15 percent of their earnings back to the clubs.

“Our hope is that this will provide a mechanism for the smaller clubs and groups who may not have a booster club or parent support, to utilize this as a way to earn for their organization,” Booster club member Angel Wygant said.

The trucks are scheduled to come every third Friday except days when there is a schedule conflict regarding the school. The Sapphire boosters will determine which food trucks get to come onto campus.

“We have generated a list of food trucks interested in participating and are putting together a schedule of trucks for each authorized date,” Wygant said.

Each month the list of trucks coming during that month will be publicized. Popularity and feedback from students and faculty will determine who gets scheduled for the following month.

“Since this is a new program, we anticipate that there will be a learning curve and I am sure we will make adjustments each month to improve the program,” Wygant said.

Other clubs are encouraged to join the fundraiser to earn for their club. There are currently around 16 different clubs involved in the program.

“Each month there will be three food trucks and three clubs benefiting from that month,” Sapphire director Brittney Miller said. “The Sapphires will be involved each month along with two other groups.”

The food trucks will come each month until the end of the school year. The trucks that are scheduled for the first month, October, are Ruthie’s rolling Cafe and The Pink Company. The prices will range from $6 to $10.

“I’m very excited to have something different for lunch,” Sapphire member Addie Orr said, “and I’m happy to have new costumes for competition season because we’ll have the money from the food trucks.”

About the Writer
Jamie Tourtillott, Photo Editor
Hey this is Jamie Tourtillott and welcome to my crib. I am a senior here at East and let me just give you a little tour of my four years here. Since my freshman year I was involved in the journalism program here. With that my first year in yearbook, I won my first ILPC...
1 Comment

One Response to “Food truck fridays”

1. Ciera Tanner on October 11th, 2017 12:59 pm

Good story Jamie. Y’all are good this year. Miss you all lots. <3 Ciera

[Reply]

• Food truck fridays

Clubs

For the record

• Food truck fridays

Features

The greatest of all human blessings

• Food truck fridays

Fuller house

• Food truck fridays

Clubs

Gettin’ spirit on

• Features

In addition to…

• Food truck fridays

School pictures, yearbook orders coming soon

• Food truck fridays

Choir blues

• Food truck fridays

Freshman nominated for science honor

• Food truck fridays

Features

What you don’t know about Principal Williams

• Food truck fridays

College Club members sign to attend post-secondary education

Food truck fridays