When the coaches are away

When the coaches are away

Softball teams work out with tennis team

The softball girls work out every week, but Wednesday when the coaches were away, the mice did play. Working out with the tennis team, Tennis Coach Elizabeth Simmons took the softball team under her wing on Oct. 24.

“It was fun working out with the tennis team.  The players and coach were really nice,” right fielder Corrie Moore said. “I wouldn’t mind working out with them again.”

The two different teams were taken behind the baseball fields and ran up and down the hill.

“We took PVC pipes filled with either sand or water and ran up the hill,” second basemen Mackenzie Baker said. “On the way down our main focus was trying not to trip and barrel roll back down.”

As they waited in line, they clowned around with each other and weren’t exactly focused on conditioning their body for the upcoming season.

“It was pretty easy to get distracted with friends being funny and goofing around,” Baker said.

The softball team saw the camera, pitcher Keana Hinds was carrying to take pictures for yearbook and couldn’t resist showing off in front of it and striking a pose for some photos.

“Kiki was distracting us with the camera because I was constantly glancing around making sure she wasn’t taking pictures of me working out,” Corrie Moore said.

Some of the team thought that the workout was tortuous and exciting at the same time, but left fielder Melinda Jallo was ready to be back on the field.

“I’m definitely ready to be back on the softball field,” Jallo said. “Conditioning is good and everything but I’m ready to play again.”