Hosts for HOSA

Sweet and power // Receiving their new officer positions, members of HOSA take bites representing “lighting of a candle” of their cupcakes.

HOSA’s induction ceremony kicks off the year

From cupcakes to careful training, the HOSA organization this year has improved in many different ways. HOSA is an organization that stands for Future Health Professionals of Health Science. It is advised by Mrs. Ronda Sisak.

“In HOSA, we join together for community service, have competitions using nursing skills, and have fundraisers for different events,” Sisak said.

This year, HOSA expanded to over 40 members, which is more than the 10 members the organization had last year.

“Being in HOSA can also provide scholarships for students,” Sisak said.

HOSA also hosts an officer induction ceremony.

“The ceremony is held for officer commitments. The officers chosen are sworn to position,” Sisak said.

There are five different positions available. There is president, secretary, treasurer, parliamentarian, and historian.

“This year, junior Mildred Sanchez is parliamentarian,” Sisak said.

Mrs. Sisak wanted to be a little more creative with the organization this year. During this year’s officer induction, the students were told to “Bite your cupcake.” This represented the saying “Light your candle.”

“I take the organization very seriously, but I wanted the students to have a little more fun so I provided the cupcakes,” Sisak said.