Making up the difference

Making up the difference

Male student proves it’s ok to be different

Make up is a beauty tool that some people love, some hate and others feel they can’t live without.

Sophomore Chase Ryan, a male student, loves everything about make up.

“I think I was 5 when I started playing with makeup, but 14 when I began to wear it every day,” Ryan said. “Make up can make someone who feels ugly, feel beautiful.”

Ryan has always been eccentric. He started off his Pre-K days by wearing fairy wings every day to school.

He looks up to people like Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga and Lana Del Ray.

Ryan isn’t always accepted as he is. Many people don’t agree with the choices he makes.

“There were multiple times that multiple guys threatened me because of the way I am,” Ryan said, “I used to get depressed, but now I get that not everyone is going to like or accept me.”

Ryan doesn’t let people affect his mood for what he loves. He sees makeup as a form of art, his whole body is his canvas.

“Eye shadow is most fun, because it’s the only thing you can get most creative with,” said Ryan, “and I can’t live without foundation.”

Ryan wants to go to school to become a makeup artist. He doesn’t want to live in a small town forever.

“I want to move to California,” said Ryan “just a place where different is celebrated.”