Stay Calm and Think College Week begins March 2

Brooke Vincent, Editor in Chief

No need to panic, Stay Calm and Think College Week will take place the week of March 2. During the daily announcements, home room activities and Think College Thursday Night, administrators will share information about various colleges and universities.

The special dress days for the week will begin Tuesday, March 3. Students may wear college club apparel such as honor societies, fraternities and sororities, athletics and more. Wednesday students can participate in the Fan Fanatic Competition: College Edition by showing spirit for their favorite school. Thursday will follow the same dress code as other Think College Thursdays throughout the year with college t-shirts and for the finale, as a PTSA fundraiser, on Friday students may wear hats, slippers and sweats for a dollar each piece of alternative clothing.

The daily announcements will include college fight songs accompanying Principal Mike Williams’ information over the loud speaker and videos featuring students who were accepted by their college of choice.

During home room students will take a virtual tour of a campus and the hall way monitors will contains slides with stats and information about colleges and universities.

Stay Calm and Think College Week is in anticipation for the Think College Thursday Night scheduled for Thursday, March 5 at Wylie High School. All high school students and their parents may attend any of the 50 different sessions offered to inform students about college readiness. The presenters will range from high school seniors to university professionals. The event is completely free. To learn more about Think College Thursday Night, visit www.thinkcollege.webs.com .

About the Writer
Brooke Vincent, Editor in Chief

I’m Brooke Vincent, fan of Twenty One Pilots, Panic at the Disco and Bear Hands. You can take that as bands or that I just really love multiple pilots, anxiety at parties and paws for hands. Either way I won’t be offended. My life revolves around journalism, I work at The Wylie News and frequent Mrs. Thedford’s class at least four periods a day. I enjoy traveling to faraway places like the Colosseum in Italy and Stingray City in Grand Cayman. This spring break I will be taking a cheesy tourist picture in front of the Eifel Tower and another in front of the London Eye. I have no shame. Hopefully I can be one of the reasons that our staff wins awards and recognitions for top quality reporting and our ability to keep our students informed about not only changes in the school but also what’s happening in the world around us.