photo credit: Heath Hadley

Back to school Junior Peyton Gilligan heads back to school in his first week learning in person since last spring. “My sleep schedule was not happy with me when I had to wake up earlier to catch the bus to school,” Gilligan said.

In the Flesh

January 19, 2021

Name: Peyton Gilligan 

Grade: Junior

Mode of Instruction: In Person

Codename: In the Flesh

“I changed from remote to in person because although it started off fine, at the end of the semester I was failing three classes,” Gilligan said. “That made it clear that whatever had happened or what was happening was not working, and I needed to go back to school in person.”

Gilligan has been online since the lockdowns started last school year, until now, when the school is transitioning into its second semester.

“The whole atmosphere of the school has changed and other than the obvious COVID-19 restrictions, there is the fact that everything is online now,” Gilligan said. “Last year I had two binders both packed with papers and assignments and now everything is online in Google Classroom.”

The smaller class and less constant interruptions are a huge step up”

— Peyton Gilligan

Due to COVID restrictions, teachers have had to use fewer physical items to teach. 

“So far, it has been nice. The smaller class and less constant interruptions are a huge step up from what classes were normally like last year,” Gilligan said. 

Classes are also smaller because some students are still learning remotely, even after some have come back for this semester.

“The best part is definitely seeing friends I haven’t gotten to talk to in a while, Gilligan said. “Unless things really bottom out a second time, I doubt I will go back.”

Photo of Heath Hadley
Heath Hadley, Editor in Chief

Yellow, I'm Heath, and a staff reporter for Blue Print. I am a junior and I want to be an astrophysicist.  I love to read, play video games and...