photo credit: Brianna Cruz Flores

Queen of Quarantine

January 21, 2021

Name: Brianna Cruz Flores 

Grade: Sophomore

Mode of Instruction: Remote

Codename: Queen of Quarantine 

“I decided to change to online learning because I wanted to feel safe while learning,” Flores said, “and I was also in and out of quarantine so it practically felt like I was doing online already.”

Although she has been in person ever since school started in August, she decided to try out online learning for the second semester. 

“The best part is being able to be in bed and wake up later than usual, since I’m not a morning person.” Flores said. “The worst part is that teachers don’t interact with you as much and sometimes you feel lost.”

For remote students, technology problems provide a barrier to communication and education.

The biggest change that this has had on me is that I actually started doing my assignments and since I’m home all day I started skating again”

— Brianna Cruz Flores

“The biggest change that this has had on me is that I actually started doing my assignments and since I’m home all day I started skating again,” Flores said. 

When in person students are waking up early, walking through the halls in between classes, and finding their way home, online students have time to do other activities and projects.

“If I considered coming back to campus, the reason would be to see my friends and teachers,” Flores said. “I really enjoyed talking to them throughout the day.”

About the Writer
Photo of Heath Hadley
Heath Hadley, Editor in Chief

Yellow, I'm Heath, and a staff reporter for Blue Print. I am a junior and I want to be an astrophysicist.  I love to read, play video games and...