Jazmine Garcia

Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor

Hi, my name is Jazmine. I play the euphonium in band and I’m the oldest out of four siblings, which takes up most of my time. Who needs sleep anyway? Actually I do, you don't want to meet a sleepless Jazmine. Not fun. I love to read, and by love I mean I’m obsessed with reading. Jane Austen was, and will always be, the best author out there. By the way, don’t ask me about my reading material unless you feel like losing 20 minutes of your time. Randomness runs through me, as well as sentences that don’t make sense. Like every other student in this school, I’m stressed out all the time but I've gotten pretty good at telling myself, “It’s all good, everything’s fine.” Most days, I wish I had a blue police box that could time travel just so I can take a nap and maybe go to 1817 Russia. I don’t know how to end this and I probably came across as weird, especially since the majority of this is edited from my freshman year, so it's fitting that this is my first and last staff bio. After high school, I plan to attend Texas Woman's University and may major in Music Therapy and/or English. Have a good day and God bless you.

All content by Jazmine Garcia
Long story short, hes Austin Mckinnon

Long story short, he’s Austin Mckinnon

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
November 18, 2019
Enough is enough // Plano ISD student Riley Russell takes a stand against bullying alongside friends and family including his cousin, junior Madison Marley. Marley was one of many who posted the video on social media.

Righting Riley’s rights

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
April 15, 2019
Fun times // Playing cards, BPA students have fun while competing for Nationals March 6-9. Senior Layne Parrish, Junior Jason Chu, Jaron Harberson and Phillip Mai were invited to nationals in California.

Record breaking

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
March 11, 2019
Singing to the top // Sophomore Jamie Gammon is the first choir student to make the All-State choir since 2016. Gammon was the lead in the theatre production “Little Shop of Horrors” and will be in San Antonio for the Texas Music Educators Association convention Feb.14-16.

All-State: This is how they won it  

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
February 14, 2019

[Video] Fit for Queen

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
November 6, 2018
Homecoming festivities reflect GameOn theme.

Game on

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
October 30, 2018
Running Raiders // Finishing the race, junior Alex Wood competes at district Oct. 9. Varsity boys qualified for regionals at will compete in Grand Prairie at Lynn Creek Park Oct. 22. Cross country has really brought us all close together which also creates a sense of integrity because we feel like we owe it to each other to give it our all, Wood said.

Boys cross country advances to regionals

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
October 12, 2018
East Side Steppers// Dancing to the music, the step team makes its debut at the camo day pep rally Oct. 14.  Everyone who is interested in dance or making rhythm is encouraged to join. Visit with Mrs. Hollie Smith in room 318 for more information.

Step up

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
October 9, 2018
Locked out \\ After nationwide school shootings, district beefs up security. All visitors must show identification before doors will unlock to let them in the building.

Bullet Points:

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
May 10, 2018
Making magic // Posing in front of Cinderella’s Castle, students enjoy their last day at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom March 10. Fine Arts students traveled to Orlando to march in a Disney parade.

From Wylie to Walt Disney

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
April 1, 2018
Rocking Scholars// Dominating the state competition, Academic Decathlon earned 11 medals. Collin College held the competition Feb. 23-24 with the award ceremony the following day. Photo by Sammy Harris

Dedicated Decathletes

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
February 27, 2018
Just say no \ “Cell phones to Jail Cells,” a presentation about the consequences of sexting and cyberbullying, was presented to all students by the district’s attorney Feb. 9.

Screen time to jail time

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
February 12, 2018
Summer dances // Playing the trombone, freshman Thomas Freeman looks up at the director to keep time. The Wind Ensemble played at the Mid Winter concert Feb. 13, preparing for UIL in March.

Five day frenzy

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
February 15, 2018
Acing AcDec

Acing AcDec

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
October 20, 2017
A new look // The band has played at three games this year without the new uniforms and plan on putting them on for the first time Sept. 22, against North Forney. Haley Spiegel and Emily Steiner play the fight song on the piccolo while carrying the banner.  Photo by Addie Orr

Show stopper

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
September 19, 2017
All aboard // Trusting his fellow cadets, junior Matthew Welsh is held up on a wooden plank as he completes 40 push-ups, one for every touchdown, Sept. 8.

JROTC scores in spirit

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
September 15, 2017
Spirit shop scholars // Cutting out vinyls for t-shirts, students Quincy Jackson and Miguel Vargas work on Spirit Shop products and focus on small details. Students work while managers make future plans about the Spirit Shop with teacher Mr. Hood.

Selling spirit

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
September 7, 2017
Horns up \\ Junior Ashlyn Stewart, French horn player, marches on Future Raider Night. With three different pieces of music and choreography to learn, the marching band is working to put all 68 sets of drill on the field.

The show has begun

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
September 12, 2016
Load More Stories