Avery Platt

Avery Platt, Staff Reporter

Hello :) I’m Avery Platt. I’m a senior. I don’t enjoy talking about myself or talking in general, but I will try my best. 

I am not a social butterfly or an athlete. I am also not super duper smart or extremely outgoing. I don’t like pickles or Chinese food. I hate animals no matter how cute they are. I can’t speak any foreign languages and I don't have the ability to sing the alphabet backwards. 

I do however have the ability to read music and touch my tongue to my nose. I enjoy reading, writing and taking photographs. I am the last person to hear about a new trend. I LOVE Mexican food and listening to music while driving. I can read a novel in two days or less depending on the subject. 

I plan on going to Collin College after high school and then transfer to a university. I am not 100% on what university I want to go to or what career I want to pursue. 

Enjoy.

All content by Avery Platt
Online life \\ Getting some work done April. 14, freshman Jason Pierce finishes his assignments for the day in the comfort of his own home. The recent pandemic is forcing students to participate in “online learning”  in order to keep students safe and healthy.

Long story short, he’s Jason Pierce

writer: Avery Platt, Staff Reporter
April 17, 2020
Chorus of laughter \\ Playing a game, choir president Cassie Lessard laughs with friends at the choir Christmas party. “I honestly don’t know what I would do without choir. I know that I will always have people who have my back, and making music with those people is so much fun,” Lessard said. “I love the relationships Ive made through choir and the opportunities Ive had as president.”

Crazy Choir Christmas

writer: Avery Platt, Staff Reporter
December 16, 2019
Filming the halls, Elizabeth Thomas puts her skills to the test. “I am trying to familiarize myself with programs used in the industry and I just keep working on my skills and trying to come up with ideas for videos and possible short films,” senior Elizabeth Thomas said.

Long story short, she’s Elizabeth Thomas

writer: Avery Platt, Staff Reporter
December 6, 2019
Rose Chambers: Class of 2017

Rose Chambers: Class of 2017

writer: Avery Platt, Staff Reporter
November 22, 2019
Blue out for POTE

Blue out for POTE

writer: Avery Platt, Staff Reporter
November 6, 2019
Fellowship of the hall \ Volunteering for the making of the homecoming decorations, Sunday, Oct. 12 in the commons area, senior Kayla Cassasola, cuts out the dark tower from the movie Lord of the Rings. ”I always volunteer to decorate for homecoming because its a great feeling when you see people admiring the hallways that we work so hard on,” said Kayla Cassasola National Art Honors Society member, Student Council member and Sapphires dancer.

Lights, Camera, Decorate!

writer: Avery Platt, Staff Reporter
October 29, 2019
Tristen Rouse graduated from here in 2014 and is now a first-year teacher.

Raiders Returning Part Three

writer: Avery Platt, Staff Reporter
October 23, 2019
Caitlin Gipson graduated from here in 2013 and is now a first-year teacher for English II.

Raiders Returning Part Two

writer: Avery Platt, Staff Reporter
October 18, 2019
Zachary Neu graduated from here in 2012 and is a third-year teacher for chemistry.

Raiders Returning

writer: Avery Platt, Staff Reporter
October 9, 2019
Floatin on by \\ Last years homecoming parade brought out lots of fans. This years theme is Lights, Camera, Raiders! Student Council is seeking entries for this years parade.

Student Council seeks entries for homecoming parade

writer: Avery Platt, Staff Reporter
September 20, 2019
 “The action or practice of inhaling and exhaling the vapor produced by an electronic cigarette or similar device” has become prevalent among teens and young adults.

All-time high 

writer: Avery Platt, Staff Reporter
September 13, 2019
A start in art \\ Finishing her art piece Sept. 6 during lunch, senior Jenna Wesson tries to get in the last bit of detail before turning it into Ms. Thompson.

Long story short, she’s Jenna Wesson

writer: Avery Platt, Staff Reporter
September 6, 2019
Get to know Sheridan Woodrow

Get to know Sheridan Woodrow

writer: Avery Platt, Staff Reporter
August 22, 2019
Load More Stories