Melissa Wrobel

Melissa Wrobel, Staff Reporter

Oh, hey there!

I’m Melissa Wrobel. Don’t even try saying the ‘W’ in my last name because it’s pronounced like row-bowl.

You’ll always see me constantly working on JROTC stuff, making a ‘To Do’ list, and stressing out about senior year.

After high school, I plan on going to the University of North Texas to major in journalism, then commissioning into the Air Force as a public affairs officer.

All content by Melissa Wrobel
Food for thought // Junior Viviane Dao serves freshman cadets and their parents during the annual First Year Dinner Sept. 28. This event, along with many others, helped the unit earn the Silver Star Community Service with Excellence Award.

A silver lining

writer: Melissa Wrobel, Staff Reporter
April 30, 2019
Spark off // Junior Wen Liu utilizes a TIG welder to perfect his welding technique for the skull. Students in Mr. Roseberry’s advanced welding classes are building a 8 foot tall metal skull to display in front of the school.

New year; new skull

writer: Melissa Wrobel, Staff Reporter
January 25, 2019
Sample contestants chili at the chili cook off Jan. 25 in the rubber gym for $5.

Dig in

writer: Melissa Wrobel, Staff Reporter
January 25, 2019
Change of scenery \ Cadets from both high schools honor veterans at the 18th annual Veterans Day Ceremony.  This year was the first time it was moved indoors due to inclement weather.

Working weekend

writer: Melissa Wrobel, Staff Reporter
November 13, 2018
Pensive prepper // Listening to Mr. Jeff Hattaway explain the answers to a practice test, junior Jaron Harbison participates in a PSAT and National Merit Scholarship prep class during Power Hour Sept. 19. The students selected for the class earned the top 30 scores on last year’s PSAT. All ninth through 11th grade students will take the PSAT Oct. 10.

Preparing for PSAT

writer: Melissa Wrobel, Staff Reporter
October 3, 2018
Last laugh // Junior Jordan Smith smiles as she accepts the Honor Roll certificate from Principal Mike Williams at the Raiders Excellence Award Ceremony April 30.

Elevated excellence

writer: Melissa Wrobel, Staff Reporter
May 16, 2018
Grin and bear it \\ Completing their competition, AFJROTC poses in front of the infamous bear statue at Baylor University after being named the second overall champion at the second annual Baylor University Competition March 24.

First is the worst, second is the best

writer: Melissa Wrobel, Staff Reporter
March 27, 2018
Sunday best // Announcing the winner, seniors Micah Clayton and Allison Straka emceed Big Man on Campus.

[Photo] Are you man enough?

writer: Jamie Tourtillott, Photo Editor
November 12, 2017
Wheeling around // Completing a right wheel, freshman James “JT” Red listens to Color Guard commander Austin Miller for the next commands at Billy Ryan High School Oct. 14.

First time for everything

writer: Melissa Wrobel, Staff Reporter
October 16, 2017
All aboard // JROTC cadets visit the USS Lexington, “The Blue Ghost” Oct. 8. “My favorite part was the aircraft on the flight deck,” first-year cadet Ethan Myers said. “I want to be a pilot in the Air Force when I’m older and seeing what it was like was a super cool experience.”

[Photo] Surviving night on Blue Ghost

writer: Emilee Nagel, Dynasty staff member
October 12, 2017

First time for everything

writer: Melissa Wrobel, Staff Reporter
October 18, 2017
All aboard // Trusting his fellow cadets, junior Matthew Welsh is held up on a wooden plank as he completes 40 push-ups, one for every touchdown, Sept. 8.

[Photo] JROTC scores in spirit

writer: Jazmine Garcia, Digital Editor
September 15, 2017
9.1 Melissa (330) - Text Edit

[Photo] Inside Friday night lights

writer: Zoe Villegas, Staff Reporter
September 28, 2017
Shattering stereotypes \\  The media has permanently affected juvenile lives and confidence as the smallest imperfection, in a model, becomes professionally fabricated to fit the regulations of the ideal gender, conveying a sense of false hope.

Flawlessly flawed

writer: Melissa Wrobel, Staff Reporter
May 9, 2016

Drilling out the competition

writer: Melissa Wrobel, Staff Reporter
March 2, 2016
Not kidding around \\ Kids time needs to be limited when it comes to technology  usage.

[Photo] Technology too young

writer: Lizzy Jurden, Editor in Chief
January 8, 2016
Load More Stories