The mission of the Wylie East High School news site is to inform, educate and entertain readers. Established Jan. 13, 2011. Principal: Mrs. Tiffany Doolan; Adviser: Ms. Kimberly Creel

Breaking News

Michael Turner

Michael Turner, former Editor in Chief

I am never good with biographies. My most common Google search is “best Twitter bios”...Anyways, my name is Earnest, but I go by my middle name of Michael. When I was little, my grandfather’s barber’s name was Earnest and he had hair in his ears. He scared me on this day as he told me the day I go by my first name is the day I’ll grow hair in my ears. Henceforth, no one has been allowed to call me Earnest and it stands still today. But it is pretty cool to have a book written by THE Oscar Wilde on how important it is to be me. I’m a pretty loud guy. I am highly enthusiastic about sports. Put me on a different continent, in a stadium for a sport that I’ve never heard of and I’d probably still go wild. I’m also crazy about movies, specifically historical movies such as Braveheart and Gladiator. Growing up, my favorite toys were dinosaurs and Ninja Turtles. That still stands today. I watch Jurassic World with a certain kind of awe I thought I’d only experience when I meet my children later on in life. I saw both of the new Ninja Turtle movies on premiere night, and the old movies are still held close to my heart. Michaelangelo is and always will be my favorite. I really enjoy writing, photography and getting close to people. Journalism has always been huge to me but this past year I’ve discovered a new passion for special education and I hope to go into that field after I walk the stage this May. This year, however, I am the Editor in Chief of the Newspaper and I cannot wait to see what we can achieve.

All content by Michael Turner
Presidential experience \\ Filming former President George W. Bush speak at the dedication ceremony, Editor in Chief Michael Turner gets a once in a lifetime opportunity to cover a president of the United States. He tweeted, filmed, photographed and wrote about the day.

The day I saw the President

writer: Michael Turner, former Editor in Chief
September 22, 2016
All American \\ Representing Wylie East in the Army All American Bowl game, senior Eno Benjamin is one of the nations top 100 players to be selected to participate in this game taking place in January at the Alamo Dome in San Antonio.

All American Eno

September 20, 2016
New school \\ Former President George W Bush visits with students in an art class prior to his speech Sept. 15 at the dedication of the school in his namesake.

Wylie ISD introduces George W. Bush Elementary

September 15, 2016
Farwell \\ Senior Ashley Fannin is escorted down the court by her mom, Allison Fannin, on senior night Oct. 27.

Twins sign to Tarleton

May 26, 2016
Signing day \\ Ten seniors signed letters of intent to play sports at various colleges May 18.

Keep them coming

May 19, 2016
State Track Qualifiers Justin Young and Halie Daniel

Qualifying qualifiers

May 9, 2016
Bigger and better

Bigger and better

February 4, 2016
Bailing out \\ Senior Justin Bailey stiff arms a Poteet defender at the second playoff game.

Districts realign

February 1, 2016
Celebration station // The varsity team celebrates after their first ever victory over foe Mesquite Poteet, 50-41, in week two of the regular season.

Champions at last

December 15, 2015
Back in the saddle \\ Senior Julia Pierson returned for the final matchup against Wylie High after being out due to an injury. The varsity volleyball team defeated the Wylie High Lady Pirates Oct. 20.

A night to remember

October 30, 2015
Sign of your life \\ Volleyball player Kailyn Dennis signs to play at texas A&M Commerce next year. “She is truly a leader on the court and off, Volleyball Coach Kelly Lyons said. She was confident in herself as well as in her team, and she did an excellent job of making our team successful. I know our girls looked up to her. She will be missed, but we are all so proud of her.”

Fighting for Lions

April 29, 2015
Sign of your life \\ Surrounded by her basketball teammates, senior Jazmin Shields signs a letter of intent to play basketball at Ranger Junior college.

Signing away

April 28, 2015
Power of a hug \\ Celebrating the State Championship win, senior Brooke-Lynn Scroggins and coach Matt Tietjen embrace. The girls soccer team brought home the schools first ever State Championship April 18.

Soccer wins first ever state championship

April 18, 2015
Statebound \\ The varsity soccer team rallies together for a picture at the conclusion of the game.

Chance for redemption

April 16, 2015
WESC   Making a debut at the McKinney High School game, fans keep the student section alive as they cheer on the boys.

WESC presents debut against the Lions

February 20, 2015

Ethical recycling

June 2, 2014
Spit happens

Spit happens

March 28, 2014
Runners nationally ranked

Runners nationally ranked

March 27, 2014
Presenting patriotism

Presenting patriotism

March 7, 2014

Home schoolers lose out on important high school experiences

February 21, 2014
Soccer players sign for future

Soccer players sign for future

February 21, 2014
Wrestlers make history at state

Wrestlers make history at state

February 19, 2014

On the way to State

February 6, 2014
Load More Stories

Comments (0)

All Blue Print Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest