Franchise Trade Off

The Cavaliers trade Kyrie Irving for Celtics Isaiah Thomas

All over Twitter, Kyrie Irving has sparked a flame that can’t be contained ever since the Boston Celtics and Cleveland Cavaliers announced their trade Tuesday Night. The reason the Celtics agreed to the trade is because they didn’t want to invest long term money into a one-way player who would be 33 by the end of his deal. Irving is only 24 years old, and has a while until his contract is up before any long-term decisions would have to be made.
According NBA.com Kyrie wasn’t happy about the direction the team was going and tried to request a trade off from the cavs last month but it was quickly put off. Lebron isn’t mad about the situation. Some say he wanted him off the team so there would be space for Eric Bledsoe and Paul George in this summer’s draft but who knows. Lebron tweeted with a video thanking Irving for his tenure with Cleveland quoted saying “That’s the only way to be to the kid! Special talent/guy! Nothing but respect and what a ride it was our three years together young Gode #Filayy.”

In my opinion, Isiah Thomas has the under hand in this trade because it’s going to be all about Lebron and how Thomas is going to have to step up to whatever Lebron does next season. Thomas also has the upper hand into next season if Lebron decides to go to the Lakers because Thomas has become the go-to guy in Cleveland.

About the Writer
Kieron Hunter, Staff Reporter

I’m a 2x All-American in Track & Field so that makes me pretty legit. My name is Kieron Hunter. I’m in class of 2018 and I enjoy taking photos sometimes more than running. After high school I plan on minoring in journalism and majoring in kinesiology. I also want to run track in college and compete at a collegiate level. If everything goes as planned I want to compete at the 2020 Summer Olympic Games in Tokyo. I got really into track when I was in eighth grade because I was really fast and no one could catch me. There are many colleges I have in mind such as LSU, Texas A&M, Baylor and University of  Houston. My favorite color is red, white and blue. The music I listen to is very diverse, it just depends on my mood. If I’m wanting to get hyped before a track meet it’s more rap and if I’m trying to be in my feelings, R&B is the way to go. That’s all about me, don’t forget the name because you’ll see me on your TV screen one day!