Varsity football heads to third round of playoffs

Jamie Tourtillott, Photo Editor

The varsity football team defeated the Colony High School in the second round of playoffs Nov. 17 with a score of 56-28. With this win, the team will advance to the third round of playoffs

About the Writer
Jamie Tourtillott, Photo Editor

Hey this is Jamie Tourtillott and welcome to my crib. I am a senior here at East and let me just give you a little tour of my four years here. Since my freshman year I was involved in the journalism program here. With that my first year in yearbook, I won my first ILPC award for a sports photo I had taken. Then my junior year I racked up two more ILPC awards, one of them being a first place award for a sports story and an honorable mention for another sports photo I had taken. Some other things besides being involved in yearbook and newspaper, I have been involved in STUCO, Solar Car, Academic UIL, Track and FCA/RFC. A little news about me is I came from Camarillo, California, and I’ve lived in Texas for seven years. Here I got very socially involved. I now go to football games during the season and I work at the most Texan place, Whataburger. After graduation I plan to go to college for mechanical engineering and journalism. I plan to get my masters in engineering and my bachelors in journalism. I would like to continue my education in Texas then move back to California to take over my grandparents’ property.