Why are you always right?

Parents contradict themselves when it comes to cell phones

Hypocrisy involves a kind of deceit towards people and has turned into a way of life.  Parents lead very demanding lives and sometimes can fall into this type of lifestyle.

Parents tend to contradict themselves about multiple problems throughout their lives.  Parents are able to do things but when teenagers do the exact same thing then it’s wrong.    

When children are at an age where they are able to have phones, parents have made it very clear that ‘when they call, you answer’.  If kids don’t answer their phones, then the parents decide that they have to throw a temper tantrum to get their teenagers to answer their phones.  The tables turn when the parent decides not to answer their phone, for whatever reason, the teenagers have no reason to be upset or mad. 

Although parents do have demanding lives and sometimes don’t have time to answer their phone, it should still become a top priority, especially when they demand it from their kids.  Sometimes it is not the right time to answer their phones and teenagers should understand that, but parents need to understand they should follow the same expectations as their kids.

Parents and teenagers should come up with a schedule when it is appropriate to text and when it is okay to call during the day.  If they have a time that they know they will not be able to talk they should communicate in order to know when it is okay to call and text.

Parents and teenagers live two different lives.  They both need to learn to work with each other and communication is key.