No vroom on the road

Unpermitted teenagers are behind the wheel 

When teenagers are driving without the proper driving education, it increases the likeliness of an accident occurring. They are acting selfish and only thinking about themselves and not what could happen to those around them when they are on the road.

Cheyanne Voelker , Copy Editor

Teenagers are eager to get behind the wheel and take off, and parents are allowing their underage children to drive a vehicle even before getting their permit. This illegal act of carelessness calls for greater punishments.

Teenagers involved in car accidents are teenagers who do not understand the laws that must be followed while driving. If they were to follow the simple rule of not driving until they are legally allowed to, then it would decrease the number of car accidents taking place.

It may be true that there are urgent situations that pop up and teen drivers cannot figure out a way to get where they need to be; however this is no excuse to endanger the lives’ of others. It’s also true that children with a permit drive a vehicle when a parent is present to get the hours required for a drivers license.

Instead of teenagers driving a car, they should get a ride from another person that they know or ride a bike. If it is not too far to get where they are going, they could always walk to their destination instead of driving illegally.

Teenagers should not be allowed to scramble off in a car by themselves without the proper driving education, but parents need to do their job of keeping their child in check. Children should just follow what the laws call for and wait until they are licensed drivers before getting behind the wheel.