The mission of the Wylie East High School news site is to inform, educate and entertain readers. Established Jan. 13, 2011. Principal: Mrs. Tiffany Doolan; Adviser: Ms. Kimberly Creel

How old is too old?

Should high school students trick-or-treat?

Halloween is just around the corner and the teenagers are picking out costumes and routes for the night of tricksters and rewarding treats. Should the Halloween festivities on the streets be left to small children and their parents? Should high school students be running from house to house soliciting for candy?

Yes! Trick-or-treating is a time honored tradition for all generations and should be allowed as long as the teenagers aren’t causing trouble.  

By the time teenagers are in high school they aren’t old enough to be considered adults. If teenagers are still considered children, what’s wrong with going out on Halloween? Trick-or-treating is a tradition and should be allowed until the person is a legal adult.

Some argue that teenagers should not be on the streets because of the commotion and chaos they have the ability to cause. As long as the teenagers are just having innocent fun without bothering others it should not be frowned upon. It is a personal choice of the homeowner who they give candy to. The homeowner can set an age on who they will give candy to and teenagers should realize that they aren’t trying to be rude. Or the homeowner can have a separate bowl of the candy that is not as popular and give that to the older kids.

Please don’t give teenagers dirty looks when they are out on Halloween this year. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Keep an eye out. It is doubtful they will be trying anything more than walking around with their friends.

It’s the choice of the homeowner whether or not they give out candy to everyone but don’t get mad at teenagers who decide to trick or treat on Halloween. See you on the other side.