Support the Tyler Lanier recovery fundraiser

Hands in \\ Walking through his old elementary hallways, senior Tyler Lanier is congratulated by current Birmingham Elementary students. He was in a tragic car accident one day after graduating.

LeAnn Cao

LeAnn Cao

Kailee Zercher, Staff Reporter

Sunday June 7, after walking the stage and receiving his high school diploma just the day before, 2015 graduate Tyler Lanier and his 14-year-old cousin, Blake Casbeer, were in a devastating car accident.

Visit Taco Bueno at 609 Jupiter Road in Plano this Sunday from noon to 6 p.m. to support Lanier. Fifteen percent of the proceeds will go straight to his recovery fund.

“Please stop in and enjoy one of Tyler’s favorite places to eat. It would mean a lot if you could come,” Amie Mayes, Tyler’s mother, said. “Let’s fill that place up and show Tyler how much we love him.”

Lanier was put in the hospital in a coma and Casbeer was put on life support; unfortunately Casbeer died days later.

Please stop in and enjoy one of Tyler’s favorite places to eat. It would mean a lot if you could come. Let’s fill that place up and show Tyler how much we love him.”

— Amie Mayes, Tyler’s mother

“After being flown on a CARE flight to Medical Center Plano, Tyler spent approximately 24 hours in a coma, has a broken pelvis, femur, a collapased lung and many facial contusions,” Mayes said. “His cousin, Blake, was taken off of life support.”

Family members say that Lanier was driving with Casbeer near Firewheel when the crash took place.

Eyewitnesses say that a truck was involved and was suspected of driving too fast.

According to a tweet from Fox 4 News’ Zahid Arab, Lanier is finally speaking.

“Family: Tyler Lanier is improving. He is speaking and told his mom I love you. Doctors say more surgeries not needed now,” Arab said.

To help the Lanier and Casbeer families, you can also make a donation to their go Fund Me page.