The mission of the Wylie East High School news site is to inform, educate and entertain readers. Established Jan. 13, 2011. Principal: Mrs. Tiffany Doolan; Adviser: Ms. Kimberly Creel

Breaking News

Yearbook Staff uses Instagram to boost sales

Want a chance to win a free yearbook? It’s possible with just a little bit of participation!

Seniors Brandy Jones and Jackie Brown decided to get more people involved with the campaigning of the yearbook by hosting a contest on the extremely popular app, Instagram.

“We want to get the yearbook out there as well as the deadlines and such,” Jones said. “Most people wait until last second to order.”

They’re giving away a free yearbook to the 26th person to post a picture of themselves on Instagram with a sign that they made advertising to buy a yearbook, and then tag the @wehsyearbook Instagram in the picture.

“We also wanted to host a contest for the students to get them more into it,” Jones said.

The yearbook staff has 26 people, so they decided it was their lucky number.

“Hopefully way more than 26 students will participate [to make] more people are aware,” Jones said. “The more, the better.”

The deadline for the Instagram contest is “Friday the 13th”, Sept. 13 at 4:15.