The mission of the Wylie East High School news site is to inform, educate and entertain readers. Established Jan. 13, 2011. Principal: Mrs. Tiffany Doolan; Adviser: Ms. Kimberly Creel

Words of Wisdom

Alumni return to share college experience

Returning from their first semester of college, eight Alpha Class Alumni tell the current seniors about college life on the last day before the winter break.

“It is definitely a slap in the face as far as being on your own,” Class of 2012 alum Cassandra Asare-Sackey said.

The eight Alumni: Asare-Sackey, Abby Cole, Tori Warren, Chance Grantham, Dom Stives, Brad Oliver, Alexa Townsend and Alec Shapiro fielded questions asked by the current seniors.

“It was really helpful,” senior Caitlyn Bogart said. “They brought a lot of insight to the common questions that bounce around in the back of our heads.”

Seniors gathered in the auditorium for an hour and listened as they spoke.

“It was nice for them to reassure us that it is going to be okay,” senior Sara Grosvenor said, “Even if you were going to a school where you wouldn’t know anyone.”

In their English classes the current seniors wrote the questions they wanted answered and sent them to the counselors.

“We read through and sorted the questions into basic categories,” Lead Counselor Brooke Scoggins said.

Every student took something different from the panel, whether it was a question they asked or just a passing tidbit the alumni brought with them.

“I learned that OU has all you can eat Chick-Fil-A!” senior Kevin Saygi said.