Officers interact with Rotary

The Interact club is ranked one of the best in the state. This past year it has received countless awards and honors, including Interact Club of the Year. The President of Wylie Rotary, Samuel D. R. Satterwhite, invited the Interact board to come out and be a part of their meeting.

The Interact officers attended the luncheon at the Woodbridge Golf Club Thursday, Sept. 20.

“It was a great experience for the officers and we’re excited to be furthering our involvement with the Wylie Rotary Club,” President Marcus Robinson said.

The officers listened to District Governor Sandy Forester give a speech to the Wylie Rotary club about her experiences when she first started out in Rotary.

“She was an amazing speaker,” Historian Mikayla Morales said. “She inspired us to want to do more with not only our club, but within ourselves as well.”

Forester divided the rotary club into three separate groups including the Interact officers and asked all of them to think about the reason that they were a part of their club.

“It was really great to see how many people were truly dedicated to the betterment of the community and themselves,” Morales said.

Sponsor Dalila Bruner and the officers plan to maintain heavy involvement with the Wylie Rotary club, Our Calling, which is a Christian based organization that helps the homeless and multiple other organizations of community service.

“Interact club is a way for students to get involved in the community and participate in many forms of service. We are expecting great things this year and excited to take new members,” Bruner said.

Interact club has a total of 40 current members. For students interested in joining please see Mrs. Bruner in the attendance office or come to the Interact club meeting, every Thursday after school in the Library from 4:30 to 5 p.m.